Last night we took a drive along Beekman Road, mostly out of panic that we had made a poor decision not to close the road. Throughout the day we were constantly evaluating the conditions and going back and forth what to do. It's surprising that NOAA, Weather.com and Weather Underground didn't all crash yesterday with the number of times we checked the forecasts. They were probably wondering what in the heck was happening in East Brunswick to generate so many clicks on their forecast pages! Yesterday was quite rainy up until around 3 in the afternoon and then still pretty damp through the evening. But temperatures stayed a few degrees lower than forecast, topping out around 44 or maybe 45. By nightfall, they were forecast to be dropping rather quickly toward 40, with some clearing and drying out and a rising barometer. At 6:30 the full panic set in with the temperature still at 44, decent cloud cover and everything still pretty damp. Fortunately, after spending about an hour at Beekman Road, not a single amphibian was found. The adjacent woods were very quiet, although I think I heard a distant great Horned Owl hoot a few times. Phew!!!...our decision was okay. I'd guess the next warm(ish) rain we get will trigger some movement. We are watching a few potential weather events next week but at the moment there isn't anything too striking predicted.